Windows 10 notifications are configured so that the user receives timely signals on any important information. Users are notified not only graphically, but also with the help of system sounds. This is convenient when you are working on your computer, but in case you need to leave your PC working overnight and notifications continue to arrive, most likely you will need to completely turn off the sound in the system so that notifications would not disturb you. As a matter of fact it is not really necessary to do this, and in this article we will tell you how to turn off notification sounds in Windows 10.
It is worth noting that, if necessary, the user of a computer based on the Windows 10 can completely disable notifications in the system.
Table of contents: 1. How to disable Windows 10 notification sounds via settings 2. How to disable Windows 10 notification sounds via control panel
How to disable Windows 10 notification sounds via settings
In Windows 10 Microsoft has transferred the maximum number of options to the “Parameters” so it is very convenient to customize the system operation. Using several switches in “Parameters”, you can get rid of the notification sounds in the system. This has to be done as follows:
- First you need to run the parameters. To do this, go to “Start” and click on the gear icon or use the Windows+I keyboard shortcut to open the settings window;
- First of all, go to the “System” item and change all necessary settings in the “Notifications and Actions” section;
- Under the “Receive notifications from these senders” heading you need to select particular programs that will not be allowed to send you sound alerts. To do this, click on each program and turn off the “Play a sound when a notification arrives” item. It is worth noting that you can turn off the notification sound not only for system programs, but for some third-party applications as well.
It is worth noting that if you don’t want to receive any notifications at all from any of the programs you need to switch the levers of the applications themselves to the disabled position without going into their full settings.
How to disable Windows 10 notification sounds via control panel
Another way to turn off the sound of incoming notifications in Windows 10 is to make changes to the settings through the “Control Panel”. It is worth noting that there is an opportunity not only to completely turn off the sounds of alerts, but also to change them to more pleasant ones (and that includes setting your own customized options). Notification sound in the Control Panel can be configured as follows:
- Go to the “Control Panel”. To do it you need to right-click on the “Start” and select the corresponding item in the drop-down menu;
- Switch the viewing mode to the “Large icons” option and go to the “Sound” section;
- There will open a window where you need to switch to the “Sounds” tab;
- Next, in the “Software events” column, find the “Notification” item as it is responsible for setting notification sounds in Windows 10. Click on it and select the “None” option in “Sounds” if you want to completely turn off the notification sound. If necessary, you can select the sound from your own collection by clicking “Browse” and finding the desired file on your computer.
Please note that you can also disable a number of other notifications in the Control Panel.