When running games and applications, any user of a computer that has Windows operating system may encounter an error indicating the need to download and install the msvbvm50.dll file. Usually, in this situation, users go online looking for a place to download the msvbvm50.dll file, and then they are trying to register it in the system. This does not always solve the problem and, moreover, increases the likelihood of infecting computer with malicious programs while searching for a working DLL file. In the framework of this article we will discuss what has to be done if you need to download msvbvm50.dll due to its lack on your computer.
Оглавление: 1. Errors related to the msvbvm50.dll file 2. How to download msvbvm50.dll for Windows 3. What to do if the msvbvm50.dll installation did not help
ERRORS RELATED TO MSVBVM50.DLL FILE
The Windows operating system may indicate the absence of the msvbvm50.dll file on the computer registered in the system with two errors:
- “The program cannot be launched, because the computer does not have msvbvm50.dll. Try to reinstall the program “;
- “The application could not start because MSVBVM50.dll was not found.”
We can assume that these errors are identical, and they can both be solved by performing the actions discussed below.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD MSVBVM50.DLL FOR WINDOWS
The very first thing important to remember when any error occurs with a DLL file is the danger of downloading viruses from the Internet, instead of the required system files. If you need to download any DLL file, you must use only the resources of those companies that produce these components.
Important note: Do not download DLL files from torrent trackers – they are most likely infected with viruses.
To understand where the msvbvm50.dll file for Windows can be downloaded safely you need to figure out what kind of file is it. This operating system element is one of the libraries included in the Visual Basic Runtime. The msvbvm50.dll file must be registered in Windows if the program to be launched is appealing to Visual Basic 5 in the operating process, that is, it was developed using this tool.
You can download the msvbvm50.dll file from the official Microsoft website. The company prudently offers a special utility that allows you to download the necessary libraries to your computer, and that includes msvbvm50.dll. Your actions should be as follows:
- Go to this page on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/180071/file-msvbvm50-exe-installs-visual-basic-5-0-run-time-files
- In the “More Information” section, click on the msvbvm50.exe file and download this file to your computer. It is worth noting that this file is suitable for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Run the downloaded file and confirm that you want to install the downloaded libraries. The program will automatically perform all the necessary steps to install msvbvm50.dll on your computer and register it in the system.
After you complete all the steps described above, the problem with the msvbvm50.dll file absence on your computer should no longer occur.
WHAT TO DO IF THE MSVBVM50.DLL INSTALLATION DID NOT HELP
If after you have already performed all the actions described above you still see the “The application could not start because msvbvm50.dll was not found” error, you should try to move the msvbvm50.dll file to the desired folder manually. This is how you make it:
- Open the msvbvm50.exe file, downloaded from the Microsoft website, using any unarchiver;
- An open archive will contain several different files. Among them you can see msvbvm50.dll. Take this file and move to the folder C: \ Windows \ System32, if you have a computer running a 32-bit operating system, or in the folder C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64, if your computer is running a 64-bit operating system.