All games and heavy applications at start up necessarily have to access Microsoft libraries. If during installation the necessary drivers were not installed, the user will encounter the “d3dx9_43.dll was not found” error. This is a very common problem that is very easy to solve, but it is important to do it correctly, otherwise you may harm your computer. In this article we will tell you what has to be done if d3dx9_43.dll file is missing and how and where to download the necessary file for free to install it on your PC.
Table of contents: 1. What has to be done in case d3dx9_43.dll is missing 2. Where to download d3dx9_43.dll for free 3. Why d3dx9_43.dll file can not be downloaded separately
What has to be done in case d3dx9_43.dll is missing
Before searching for a file on the Internet, in order to eliminate an error that has occurred you need to figure out what is this error connected with. The d3dx9_43.dll file itself comes as a part of DirectX 9 components, and without this file you will not be able to run games and applications that access this version of the driver. The fact is that even if there is DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 installed on the computer, neither of those will be enough if the program needs some components from DirectX 9. Therefore, the error “d3dx9_43.dll was not found” often occurs when you are trying to run quite old games – released from 2002 until 2014. Often this error comes up when you are trying to start World of Tanks.
Accordingly, to fix the error connected to the absence of d3dx9_43.dll file, you just have to download it, place it in the folder C: \ Windows \ System32 and register it in the system. It is important to download the official d3dx9_43.dll file released by Microsoft. This can be done only from the official website of this corporation.
Where to download d3dx9_43.dll for free
Microsoft stores all the DLL-libraries that users may need for one reason or another at its official website. They are distributed free of charge. To download the d3dx9_43.dll file, you need to do the following:
- Go to the Microsoft website using this link and download a special installer that contains all the necessary executable libraries. Please note that when you will be clicking on the “Download” button, a pop-up window will appear with a suggestion to download other software from Microsoft – click “No thanks and continue DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer”;
- After downloading the dxwebsetup.exe file, run it and accept the terms of the license agreement and click “Next”;
- In the next step, you will be prompted to install the Bing panel. Thus, Microsoft is trying to promote its search engine. If you do not need this panel (we do not recommend installing it), then uncheck this item and click “Next”;
- After that, the necessary system libraries will be installed. Installer will automatically determine the list of files that are missing on the computer, download them independently from the Internet, put them in the required folder, and register them in the system.
After the installation is completed, you will need to make sure that the d3dx9_43.dll file has been downloaded. Just go to the C: \ Windows \ System32 folder and use the search to find the file. This library occupies 2.28 MB on any computer.
After that, you can again try starting the game or application that was reporting the error that the d3dx9_43.dll file was not found on the computer.
Why d3dx9_43.dll file can not be downloaded separately
Facing the described error many users may start looking for the option to download the free d3dx9_43.dll file alone from the Internet. It is quite dangerous something to do and for several reasons:
- It is possible that the game or application is lacking not only one dll file, but several library files at once. So even if you will download d3dx9_43.dll file, transfer it to the necessary folder and register it in the system it is likely that a new error will occur and such actions will have to be repeated several dozen times;
- One of the most popular forms of fraud is infecting .dll files with various viruses. Downloading a d3dx9_43.dll file to your computer for free from the unknown website, you may face the situation when the file itself will be inoperative and also carrying viruses with it.
When installing games and applications, it is often suggested to install DirectX. Never refuse this procedure then it will be possible to avoid an error stating that the d3dx9_43.dll file is missing on your computer.